While playing with my daughter this morning she pulled out the key-chain pictured here. I noticed that the "Boulder" sticker was sitting on top of another. I peeled it back and found "California" underneath. Growing up in Boulder, spending four years in Silicon Valley, then moving back to Boulder to help build and grow our software/technology sector, caused me to view the picture through several lenses.
- California is passe and products/companies/people are re-branding themselves as Boulder which is trendy.
- The key-chain manufacturer decided to put California stickers on the keychains as they came off the line, then localize the keychains on-demand and in smaller batches when needed, in order to save cost.
- Some of Boulder's entrepreneurship is really California underneath.
- Some of California's entrepreneurship is really Boulder underneath.
- The Californication of Boulder is real.
- The migration of Californian's to Boulder continues.
- Micah - I am Boulder, Hear me Roar
- Andrew Hyde - http://andrewhyde.net/
- may others that I don't have time to track down given my kids are unattended in the front yard doing a lemonade stand.