If you don't like over-the-top positive/happy posts, stop reading. I don't write these often because they're generally lame, but had to do it this morning.
How much can go well in a 24 hour period?
- Yesterday was my birthday.
- My kids made me fabulous cards.
- My wife made me a cake and took me out for a great dinner at one of my favorite restaurants; L'Atelier.
- A company I co-founded, Gnip, had a board meeting in which some incredibly good stuff was finalized (more in coming weeks).
- Some friends and I have pulled together a unique way to draw programming talent from other parts of the country to Boulder; boulder.me.
- I won a Google Chrome comic book at auction (this is not an indorsement for Chrome)
- Some important friendships have found a healthier place for all involved.
- Hiked Sanitas with a bunch of friends.
Many moons ago I left Boulder to go do interesting things at Netscape in Silicon Valley. It was fun... we changed things. But... the Bay Area became a traffic infested, car driving, grind. No longer worth hanging out there after 3.5 years, we came back to Boulder in the late '90s. I miss a lot of the Valley world. I'd long hoped to mash San Francisco together with Boulder, and it feels like it's finally happening. Just the right amount of mash though; a dash.
My home, and work, lives are in the place I love... home... Boulder.